There may be millions of blog posts on how to get coaching clients, but some new coaches still need more...
Most "experts" at client attraction ignore the true underlying reasons coaches don't always have as many clients as they want. I'm going to address that here.
If you want more coaching clients than you have, most likely it's not because of your inability to coach, market, sell, or run a business, although, sometimes those are factors.
And maybe fear plays a role, but it may not be stopping you as much as this:
You don't have all the clients you want, because you're not addicted to getting clients.
You read that right.
A colleague of mine once told me she was tired of being a coach, because she didn't like doing all the things you have to do to get clients.
I asked her what she was doing to get clients. She said, "Nothing."
We both chuckled, but it's a deadly habit. Coaches don't reach out to potential clients and those people don't get the coaching they need.
Thomas Leonard called it, "I intend, therefore the phone will ring." Ouch.
Why don't coaches reach out more? Because they're not getting enough dopamine.
Yes, dopamine. It's the "reward" neurotransmitter. Everytime your brain produces it, you light up, giggle, and have fun.
Facebook, Google, Instagram, Fitbit, your phone; all have been cleverly designed to trigger shots of dopamine that get you hooked on them, which is why so many of us are glued to our devices. We are addicted.
In the case of Fitbit, the addiction may be a healthy one...
If you became as addicted to attracting clients as you are to your phone, you'd have a full coaching practice by now.
If you spent more intensely engaged effort of getting clients as you do at Candy Crush, you'd have a full practice, plus a waiting list by now. You need to swap out your Candy Crush addiction for Client Attraction Addiction.
How can you foster this Client Attraction Addiction?
- Turn attracting clients into a fun game.
- Make it the number one project in your life.
- Invite your coaching colleagues to a friendly competition.
- Create rewards for every step in the right direction.
- Stop using social media and whatever else you're already addicted to and replace it with client attraction addiction (CAD).
- Everytime you're tempted to reach for your addictive substance, take a step toward more clients, instead.
- Surround yourself with positive people who acknowledge you whenever you have a win or even a solid try.
- Share your good fortune with people who pat you on the back.
- Avoid sharing with people who ignore your success, only point out problems, or just say, "That's nice."
- Build positivity into the process.
- Focus first on actions that are fun.
- Continue actions that are both fun and effective.
- Keep up the momentum.
- Celebrate every win.
- Create fabulous outcomes for your clients.
- Let your clients become your ambassadors.
- Keep going...
Looking for a way to make client attraction a fun game? Join Coach 100 Business Success. We'll give you the tools. Develop your CAD and fill that practice!