Certified Positive Psychology Coach® Program
The Certified Positive Psychology Coach® Program is in progress, but you can still be among the first to qualify for this important new coach certification. Positive psychology is sweeping the world of coaching, personal development, and human resources departments.
This is the only program that fully integrates positive psychology and neuroscience with advanced coaching skills to prepare you to be a professional positive pscyhology coach.
"You have created a VERY powerful collection of training programs. By combining the presentation of new ideas with an open exchange of ideas and the all-important live coaching segment(s), I am learning each week and seeing a positive impact on my clients. Thanks to you and your team."
- Nancy McCabe, CPPC USA
"I selected this program because having an explicit focus on positive psychology as a basis for effective coaching practices provides additional tools for supporting those we serve. I love emphasizing the possibilities for a person's life on their terms, in the ways they thrive."
- Winnie Dunn, PhD, CPPC USA
There are two parts to this innovative program: Take just Part 1, Intro Level, if you're a new coach, or register for both Part 1 and Part 2, Master Level, and save on tuition. It's also possible to enroll in just Part 2, if you meet the requirements. See below for datails!
Be sure to fill out the brief form to the lower right to receive more information about this new coach training program, or get the Certified Positive Psychology Coach® Fact Sheet and visit our FAQ Page here.
- Certified Competent Coach Course (formerly called, Coaching Groundwork Advanced) - 16 hrs, required for newer coaches
- Best Practices for Professional Coaches - 4 hrs, required for everyone
- Coaching Values, Needs, and Strengths - 8 hrs, may be waived for some
- Evolutionary Psychology of Values - 8 hrs, may be waived for some
- Introduction to Positive Psychology for Coaches - 8 hrs, may be waived for some
- Introduction to Coaching with Neuroscience - 8 hrs, may be waived for some
- Master Coach Training - 32 hrs, may be waived for SCM CMCs, ICF MCCs, or IAC MMCs
- Advanced Positive Psychology for Coaches - 8 hrs, required for everyone
- Certified Positive Psychology Coach Practicum - 8 hrs, required for everyone
PART 1 APPROVED BY THE ICF FOR 125 HOURS.
PART 2 APPROVED BY THE ICF FOR 85 HOURS. TOTAL HOURS: 210.
Certified Positive Psychology Coach® Program, Part 2, Master Level Courses:
- Advanced Best Practices for Coaches – 4 hr Coaches discuss how they apply ICF Ethics and SCM Best Prax in real coaching relationships.
- Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Coaching - 8 hr weaves emotional intelligence with pos psych, appreciative inquiry, systems
- Transformational Coaching with Systems Theory - 8 hr weaves a variety of systems theories together for transformation coaching
- Certified Group Coach course 16 hr includes - 8 hours of group coach theory plus 8 hr practicum
- Certified Integral Coach course 16 hr includes - 8 hours of integral and shadow coaching plus 8 hr practicum
- Advanced Leadership in Positive Psychology - 8 hr must present 1 hour on pos psych or teach an interactive 1 hour class
- Master Certified Positive Psychology Coach - 8 hr practicum for MCPPC, must coach at 90% or above
PART 2 TOTAL NUMBER OF LIVE CLASS HOURS = 68 APPROVED BY ICF FOR 85 HOURS.
Save when you bundle the Certified Positive Psychology Coach Program Parts 1 & 2.
You may qualify for Advance Standing and a reduced tuition fee if:
- You already have a qualifying coach certification from the ICF or from SCM, but want specialty training and certification in positive psychology
- You already have a qualifying positive psychology credential, such as the MAPP, or CiPP, and want advanced training and certification in positive psychology coaching. Coaches who already have the Positive Psychology Certificate from School of Coaching Mastery will get credit for the Introduction to Positive Psychology for Coaches course.
"One of my favorite positive psychology tools is values exploration which allows clients to leverage the natural fulfillment they derive from being in sync with what matters most to them and to reach their goals with greater ease.” - Kelley A. Russell-DuVarney, CPPC USA
What is positive psychology? Positive Psychology is the study of what helps human beings flourish and, as such, it goes hand-in-hand with effective coaching. Positive psychology began to develop in the late 20th Century and was officially recognized, as an area of study, in the late 1990s, when the Father of Positive Psychology, Martin Seligman, then President of the American Psychological Association, made positive psychology the focus of his presidency. Since then, a flood of research has been done on what thoughts, tools, attitudes, behaviors, and interventions promote well-being and help people flourish.
"What surprised me about positive psychology coaching is that little things can make a big difference.” - Sai Bhupalam, CPPC India
What is positive psychology coaching? Positive psychology coaches use tools and interventions that have been identified by research into positive psychology and related fields, such as neuroscience, to help their clients achieve greater happiness, well-being, and success. They take research into positive psychology and translate it into effective tools for improving people’s lives, careers, and businesses. Read about positive psychology coaching on the Coaching Blog.
"I wanted to become a coach professional for the good things they accomplish by helping coaching clients achieve their goals and desires. I researched and spoke with over ten coaching school representatives. The schools varied in their philosophies to a certain extent; however, my love of science caused me to want to study a program that took a more scientific approach. Among the schools I found was Julia Stewart’s School of Coaching Mastery, whose coaching method is unique because it is founded on evidenced-based Positive Psychology. I spoke with Julia, and I was convinced that I had found the perfect coaching school for me. The School of Coaching Mastery has provided me with even more than I expected. The Positive Psychology Program includes courses in basic, proficient, and masterful coaching techniques, the science of Positive Psychology, and incorporates Neuroscience and Neuroplasticity. Becoming a great coach means knowing the best techniques and understanding why these techniques work. That is why an evidence-based program like the Positive Psychology Program is a step forward and an advantage to coaching clients. Julia Stewart understands that an important point of enrolling in the program is for the coaches to build a successful business that he or she can be proud of. Within the Positive Psychology Program is a course called Coach 100, which is designed to give the new coach encouragement and specific business to-do’s for attracting new clients and optimizing the success of each coach." - Regan Elliott USA
Get the FREE Become a Positive Psychology Coach eBook here and learn all about this amazing new profession and how you can become a professional positive psychology coach who helps people be happier and more successful in their lives and careers.
"What I love most about positive psychology coaching is the positivity itself. So many times in life people only tell us what we are doing wrong. With positive psychology coaching - we get to celebrate all the things the person is doing right, and it has very powerful results!” - Krista Harris, CPPC USA
School of Coaching Mastery integrates positive psychology discoveries and interventions throughout its coach training curriculum. The Certified Positive Psychology Coach® Program is for coaches who want advanced training and experience in the art and science of positive psychology coaching.
Why should you become a Certified Positive Psychology Coach®?
- Master the most effective tools available for coaching.
- Brand yourself as a coach who uses proven tools, not empty promises.
- Get a credential that identifies you as a genuine professional.
- Be one of the first in your profession to be certified in positive psychology coaching.
- Enter a field where even the scientists are optimistic about human potential and possibility.
- Get the information you need to explain how and why your tools work.
- Get the confidence of knowing your work has scientific empiricism behind it.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest research on positive psychology and coaching.
- Get credit from the ICF for your hours of training.
- Join a community of inspired coaches who support and challenge one another.
- Expand your business: positive psychology is transforming many fields, including business, education, the military, government, psychotherapy, and more.
- In short, become a better coach; create a better business.
- Oh, and it's fun!
"What I love most about positive psychology coaching is its generative quality – positive psychology coaching accelerates the client’s capacity to tap into her best self and in turn leverage the positive emotions that are generated to create a successful life and/or realize audacious goals.” - Maura Da Cruz, MMC, PCC, CPPC CA
- This isn't just a coach-training program, nor is it just a positive psychology program; it's comprehensive coach training, based on positive psychology research and principles, that includes advanced approaches to coaching.
- Some positive psychology training programs will introduce you to coaching; this program offers beginner-to-master-level coach training using positive psychology.
- Certification is the gold-standard in coaching credentials. This is the only legally recognized Certified Positive Psychology Coach® training program.
- The Certified Positive Psychology Coach® Program is approved for 215 ICF ACSTH, which qualifies our graduates to apply for ICF ACC, PCC, or MCC without having to take the arduous portfolio route.
- The cost of your certification is included with your tuition and you'll get a free positive psychology coach listing in our coach directory.
- Because this program is new, we're offering it at an early adopter discount, making it thousands less than many positive psychology programs!
“I coach Public speakers to achieve the self-confidence and mastery when delivering unique and persuasive speeches in public. I concentrate on speech production, body language, general demeanor and overall enthusiasm. What surprised me about positive psychology coaching is that it makes perfect sense, is in front of our eyes every day and yet is totally underestimated.” - Valeria Pittaluga, CPPC Italy
The Certified Positive Psychology Coach® Program will introduce you to assessments, exercises, concepts, research, and more from authors and researchers, such as those below:
- Dr. Martin Seligman
- Dr. Barbara Fredrickson
- Dr. Donald Clifton
- Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar
- Dr. Rick Hanson
- Dr. Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Dr. John Gottman
- Dr. Dan Siegel
- Dr. Sonja Lyubomirsky
- Dr. Dacher Keltner
- Dr. Emiliana Simon-Thomas
In addition to live interactive webinars that you can join from anywhere, you’ll receive a wealth of curated resources, including videos, audios, websites, apps, and more, plus opportunities to practice your tools with like-minded positive psychology coaches. And you'll get ideas for how to grow your business with positive psychology.
We invite you to sign-up for more information, so you can decide if becoming a Certified Positive Psychology Coach® is for you.