Certified Positive Psychology Coach® Program
The Certified Positive Psychology Coach® Program is
underway, but you can still be among the first to qualify for this important new coach certification. Positive psychology is sweeping the world of coaching, personal development, and human resources departments.
This is the only program that fully integrates positive psychology and neuroscience with advanced coaching skills to prepare you to be a professional positive pscyhology coach. Be sure to fill out the brief form to the lower right to receive more information about this new coach training program, or get the Certified Positive Psychology Coach® Fact Sheet, or visit our FAQ Page here,
- Certified Competent Coach Course (Formerly called, Coaching Groundwork Advanced) - 16 hrs, required for newer coaches
- Best Practices for Professional Coaches - 4 hrs, required for everyone
- Coaching Values, Needs, and Strengths - 8 hrs, may be waived for some
- Evolutionary Psychology of Values - 8 hrs, may be waived for some
- Introduction to Positive Psychology for Coaches - 8 hrs, may be waived for some
- Introduction to Coaching with Neuroscience - 8 hrs, may be waived for some
- Master Coach Training - 32 hrs, may be waived for SCM CMCs, ICF MCCs, or IAC MMCs
- Advanced Positive Psychology for Coaches - 8 hrs, required for everyone
- Certified Positive Psychology Coach Practicum - 8 hrs, required for everyone
APPROVED BY THE ICF FOR 125 HOURS, TOTAL.
You may qualify for Advance Standing and a reduced tuition fee if:
- You already have a qualifying coach certification from the IAC, ICF, or from SCM, but want specialty training and certification in positive psychology.
- You already have a qualifying positive psychology credential, such as the MAPP, or CiPP, and want advanced training and certification in positive psychology coaching. Coaches who already have the Positive Psychology Certificate from School of Coaching Mastery will get credit for the Introduction to Positive Psychology for Coaches course.
What is positive psychology? Positive Psychology is the study of what helps human beings flourish and, as such, it goes hand-in-hand with effective coaching. Positive psychology began to develop in the late 20th Century and was officially recognized, as an area of study, in the late 1990s, when the Father of Positive Psychology, Martin Seligman, then President of the American Psychological Association, made positive psychology the focus of his presidency. Since then, a flood of research has been done on what thoughts, tools, attitudes, behaviors, and interventions promote well-being and help people flourish.
What is positive psychology coaching? Positive psychology coaches use tools and interventions that have been identified by research into positive psychology and related fields, such as neuroscience, to help their clients achieve greater happiness, well-being, and success. They take research into positive psychology and translate it into effective tools for improving people’s lives, careers, and businesses. Read about positive psychology coaching on the Coaching Blog.
School of Coaching Mastery weaves positive psychology interventions throughout its coach training curriculum. The Certified Positive Psychology Coach® Program is for coaches who want advanced training and experience in the art and science of positive psychology coaching.
Why should you become a Certified Positive Psychology Coach®?
- Master the most effective tools available for coaching
- Brand yourself as a coach who uses proven tools, not empty promises
- Get a credential that identifies you as a genuine professional
- Be one of the first in your profession to be certified in positive psychology coaching
- Enter a field where even the scientists are optimistic about human potential and possibility
- Get the information you need to explain how and why your tools work
- Get the confidence of knowing your work has scientific empiricism behind it
- Stay up-to-date on the latest research on positive psychology and coaching
- Get credit from the ICF for your hours of training
- Join a cohort of inspired coaches who support and challenge one another
- Expand your business: positive psychology is transforming many fields, including business, education, the military, government, psychotherapy, and more
- In short, become a better coach; create a better business
- Oh, and it's fun!
- This isn't just a coach-training program, nor is it just a positive psychology program; it's comprehensive coach training, based on positive psychology research and principles, that includes advanced approaches to coaching.
- Some positive psychology training programs will introduce you to coaching; this program offers beginner-to-advanced coach training using positive psychology.
- Certification is the gold-standard in coaching credentials. This is the only legally recognized Certified Positive Psychology Coach® training program.
- The Certified Positive Psychology Coach® Program is the first positive psychology coach training program to be approved for 125 hours ICF ACSTH, which qualifies our graduates to apply for ICF ACC or PCC without having to take the arduous portfolio route.
- The cost of your certification will be included with your tuition and once you're certified, you'll get a one-year free positive psychology coach listing in our coach directory.
- Because this program is new, we're offering it at an early adopter discount, making it thousands less than many positive psychology programs!
In one of our member's own words:
In addition to live interactive webinars that you can join from anywhere, you’ll receive a wealth of curated resources, including videos, audios, websites, apps, and more, plus opportunities to practice your tools with like-minded positive psychology coaches. And you'll get ideas for how to grow your business with positive psychology.