The annual Best Coaching Blogs Contest is starting up again this month and the entry period is now open.
Every year, since 2009, School of Coaching Mastery has sponsored this online contest between many of the top blogs in business and life coaching. Thousands of readers check out the blogs entered and the coaching bloggers, themselves, report that it's fun, attracts new readers to their blogs, as well as new coaching clients.
Best Coaching Blogs Contests in past years, have always thrived on social sharing and cooperation, as much as on competition.
This year, we've revamped the contest to make it even more social than ever and we're putting it in the format of a blog, which kind of makes sense! We've also gotten rid of the dreaded 'Down Vote' option, which caused a fair amount of consternation in years past and we're experimenting with allowing people to vote as often as they wish.
This year, when you enter your coaching blog, your entry will show up as a blog post on the contest page. Each entry/blog post will have social sharing buttons at the top of it, like the ones you see above this post. The social sharing buttons will function as votes, which will display the total number of shares/votes for that entry. The 20 bloggers with the most votes will themselves vote via closed ballot for the Top Ten Best Coaching Blogs of 2012.
Winners will receive permanent listings on this site, with links to their blogs, plus winner badges and bragging rights. In past years, major coaching organizations have entered, as well as coaching students with brand-new blogs. The winners every year are a mix of established blogs and newbies, meaning anybody can win this prestigious blogging contest.
Here's how the new Best Coaching Blogs contest works:
- Enter your blog in the contest - it's free (be sure to read the rules)
- You'll get a badge for your blog that announces you as a contestant
- Invite your mailing list to vote for you and add their reasons why they love your blog in the Comments Section of your blog entry
- Blog about it on your blog
- Share your entry with your social networks on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ and invite folks to vote for you
- Use social sharing best practices: if you share with sensitivity, your contacts will share with their contacts and you votes could go viral, but if you over-share with your network, you may annoy and/or lose your friends and followers. (If you set up dummy accounts and over-share to non-existent contacts, you may be banned from the contest)
- Get to know your fellow bloggers and support the blogs you think should win - this is a friendly contest
- If you make it to the semi-finals, vote for the Best Coaching Blogs of 2012, based on the quality of their content and good sportsmanship.