Occasionally we get requests for financial aid for coach training.
Yes, we do offer financial aid for coaches who want advanced master coach training at School of Coaching Mastery. We understand that making a career jump into one of the fastest-growing professions of the 21st Century can present financial challenges and we want to make it doable for you.
Here are a few options we have that make comprehensive coach training within reach for anyone, regardless of your financial situation:
- We offer a limited amount of Free Coach Training
- We offer monthly payment plans
- We offer an affordable membership program
However, we do not offer scholarships for coach training. Why? There are two main reasons.
I call this the Humane Society Rule. The Humane Society and ASPCA don't give away free puppies and kittens for two reasons:
- People value something that they pay for more than something that's free. Free puppies and kittens are more likely to be abandoned or abused than those that are paid for. Likewise, people who get free or low-cost coach training, get less value from it than people who invest substantially in it, even when it's the same training. I know this sounds crazy, but like it or not, people show up differently when they make a substantial investment. That difference is the key to their success.
- The Humane Society and ASPCA depend on fees to continue doing their great work. So do we. Even though some of our students only take the free program, our paid students keep us in business and get much more support, as well as advanced training from us. Again, it's the difference that makes all the difference.
Here's an example of how this works: One of the most successul coaches that I know paid $10,000 for her coach training when she was a Starbucks barista, making less than $10 per hour. As you can imagine, she had to scramble to get that $10,000 together.
Was it worth it? Today, this coach charges around $600 per hour, changing people's lives, doing something she loves. How much would you be willing to invest to make sixty times as much per hour, by helping people and doing something you love? Could you find an extra $347 per month to do it?
Or maybe you just don't trust the process. Explore this blog and website further to understand how new coaches become successful coaches faster. Some related blog posts are below.
Then again - and this is a big one - maybe you don't trust yourself. If you're someone with a history of half committing, or half trying, or of quitting before you succeed, or worse, waiting for 'proof' that you'll succeed, before you commit; work with a great coach who can help you with that. The payoff will be enormous.
- Why Coach Training Should NOT Be Free
- Free Coach Training vs. Ultimate Coach Training
- A Tale of Two Life Coaches
- COACH: Step Away From That Teleclass!
- Sage Advice From a Successful New Coach